What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Repost is the music industry’s fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes and many more. We also provide our users with transparent revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience. You will help form, validate, and incubate key strategic initiatives.
Your work will help influence the priorities and projects undertaken by our go to market teams focused on the users that upload to SoundCloud. Above all, your work will impact the careers of many artists and musicians worldwide.
- Inspire and develop our strategy, compile regular reports, drive go to market alignment and provide modeling support
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the business, especially product, marketing, content and finance
- Be accountable for the business case modeling and analytics of all go to market initiatives.
- Build frameworks and tools to optimize product-specific and marketing initiatives as well as support new areas of exploration
- Independently run, ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
Who you are
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in Business, Finance, or related field, ideally an MBA
- 5+ years in Business Strategy, Consulting or Investment Banking, ideally with Music experience
- Having Pricing experience and/or subscription experience is a plus.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management and peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills (financial modeling)
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail to continually improve the user’s experience
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.