What’s next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners, and curators who share, discover, and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Recently we launched Repost Select, which offers white-glove services to high impact artists on and off of SoundCloud in the form of distribution and label services. We are looking for someone to join us in the LA office to assist our head of marketing in providing detailed analysis of our artists’ audiences and track the performance of our marketing campaigns.
You will be an integral part in SoundCloud’s Artist Marketing function to enable a deeper, data-based understanding of the trends and dynamics of our artists within the company’s Creator Services platform. Your work will directly inform strategic thinking across the team and impact our artist marketing campaigns, reporting best practices, and artist development initiatives.
As Artist Marketing Analyst, Creator Services you will:
- Act as a central expert function at the company by designing and implementing our Creator Services analysis and reporting frameworks
- Contribute as an expert to strategic projects alongside Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Talent teams. Such contributions may include Social media & streaming analysis, identifying emerging artists to invest more deeply into, and establishing our benchmarks for success across marketing campaigns and development initiatives.
- Independently run ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand the business implications of proposed decisions
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the organization, especially Creator, Listener, Marketing leads, Data Science/Data Platform and Audience Research
- Feel comfortable using SQL, MongoDB, and occasionally Python, to access data when conducting analyses and building Tableau dashboards
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Degree in a quantitative field (strong academic track record preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in leading tech firms, ideally with the streaming music field
- Exceptional analytical skills paired with excellent business judgment
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources with excellent SQL skills and some knowledge of Python and/or MongoDB
- Experience with Data Warehouse infrastructure BigQuery and concepts as well as designing and deploying ETLs in order to transform big data into meaningful business information
- Familiarity with music consumption analysis systems
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail paired with a hands-on approach; Ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence, and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to senior management
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Must strive to deliver excellent work quality
If this sounds like you, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.