SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans and thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artists services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Our team is seeking an A&R Research Analyst whose primary responsibility will be to discover & evaluate unsigned Hip Hop, R&B & Alternative artists for the company. In this role you will analyze new music, construct statistical insights and predictive metrics and conduct research on artists. These efforts will be used to evaluate song performance, identify new artists, support promotion strategy, and improve the label’s understanding of new music metrics. We take pride in our culture greatly, and only invite optimistic, talented, and motivated people to join our team.
- Construct statistical insights and predictive metrics
- Conduct research on artists and communicate unique qualitative and quantitative information
- Monitor unsigned artists across social media, streaming services, Web3 and metaverse platforms and other innovative developments to communicate any relevant milestones to the A&R team.
- Build predictive models & other analytical data tools to regularly evaluate unsigned & signed talent including earning potential
- Build and maintain a central music database
- Communicate closely with analytics and A&R teams in the gathering and application of music insights.
- Generate reports of the top artists ranked by the highest researching metrics.
- Develop new ways to evaluate unsigned talent via data collection
- Design and complete daily, monthly, weekly and adhoc commerce reporting
- Research industry trends, emerging digital services providers, and social media platforms
- Collaborate with Director of A&R to continually improve our A&R processes via consistent feedback and training sessions
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience at a record label (Major or Indy) or other related media or music tech companies
- Strong passion for music, specifically discovering new music
- In-depth knowledge of the independent music landscape and associated information sources (blogs, magazines, etc.)
- Prior experience (including internships) in an A&R and/or data-driven role
- Expertise with aggregating and manipulating robust sets of data to draw tangible insights
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to quickly acclimate with internal data analysis tools, experience with Looker a plus
- Knowledge of and familiarity with music monitoring platforms such as Music Connect, Mediabase, and Indify
- A team player that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help out the team
- Dedicated focus to positive client relations
- Keen interest in improving Music Industry knowledge and the desire to network
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
Benefits for US:
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office