Job Title: Royalty Specialist
– Employer: Sound Royalties
– Reports to: Sales Managing Director
– Location: West Palm Beach, FL or willing to relocate
– Schedule: Full Time
– Status: Exempt W2 Employee
Sound Royalties, is a specialty finance firm that helps music industry professionals fund personal and professional projects without ever taking ownership of their copyrights, allowing for pass-through income, and empowering creatives to choose from a variety of flexible pricing options. The company’s core business is offering royalty advances of anywhere from $5,000 to the tens of millions. It does this by advancing artist, producer and songwriter royalties paid through music labels, distributors, publishers and PROs such as BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, SoundExchange and many more. Sound Royalties works with a wide range of music industry professionals, from emerging artists and rising stars to GRAMMY Award winners, platinum recording artists and notable music industry executives, as well as music distributors and record labels in every genre.
The Royalty Specialist will primarily make outbound calls to build relationships with creatives and referral partners. This role will be responsible for providing artists, composers, and producers with financing to cover everything from recording sessions, touring, and debt consolidation
- Build relationships and initiate transactions with creatives.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss financing needs.
- Emphasize the features of the company’s services to highlight the benefits to creatives.
- Collaborate with the entire Sound Royalties team to create financing solutions for creatives
- Review and prepare pricing models and other required documents for creatives.
- Act in an advisory role to creatives regarding finance and royalty matters.
- Work with creatives to ensure all deliverables are reviewed, and addressed promptly.
- Maintain a real-time project/deal pipeline and systematically follow-up on new leads.
- Track all sales-related activities in the company CRM system and keep current.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes traditional benefits such as paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, tax deferred retirement plans, and access to experts in preventative care. Plus, fun items such as access to GDMG University which is our training program that is led by entertainment, music, and other industry leaders and company events/excursions.
GoDigital Media Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.