Comp: Salary + Commissions
This role will be responsible for providing artists, composers, and producers with financing to cover everything from recording sessions, touring, and debt consolidation. The Royalty Specialist will primarily make outbound calls to build relationships with creatives and referral partners.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build relationships and initiate transactions with creatives.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss financing needs.
- Emphasize the features of the company’s services to highlight the benefits to creatives.
- Collaborate with the entire Sound Royalties team to create financing solutions for creatives and ensure they have the best possible customer experience.
- Review and prepare pricing models and other required documents for creatives.
- Act in an advisory role to creatives regarding finance and royalty matters.
- Work with creatives to ensure all deliverables are received, reviewed, and addressed promptly.
- Maintain a real-time project/deal pipeline and systematically follow-up on new leads.
- Track all sales-related activities in the company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Prior experience working in sales with a focus on outbound calling and relationship-based sales is a plus.
- Prior experience with music rights and clearances, music publishing, publishing administration, music supervision and/or music copyright production, or other relevant experience is a plus.
WHO WE ARE
Sound Royalties, is a specialty finance firm that helps music industry professionals fund personal and professional projects without ever taking ownership of their copyrights, allowing for pass-through income, and empowering creatives to choose from a variety of flexible pricing options. The company’s core business is offering royalty advances of anywhere from $5,000 to the tens of millions.
It does this by advancing artist, producer and songwriter royalties paid through music labels, distributors, publishers and PROs such as BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, SoundExchange and many more. Sound Royalties works with a wide range of music industry professionals, from emerging artists and rising stars to GRAMMY Award winners, platinum recording artists and notable music industry executives, as well as music distributors and record labels in every genre.