This role will be responsible for providing songwriters, composers, and producers with financing to cover everything from recording sessions and touring, to debt consolidation.
The Royalty Specialist will primarily make outbound calls to create leads and build relationships with clients and referral partners.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate transactions and build relationships with clients.
- Partner with Sound Royalties team to develop solutions tailored to the needs of clients.
- Review and prepare pricing models, summary sheets, and other required documents for potential clients.
- Negotiate terms and fees with music publishers, record labels, and other relevant parties to ensure satisfactory closing of deal.
- Act in an advisory role to clients regarding finance and royalty matters.
- Work with clients to ensure all deliverables are received, reviewed and addressed in a timely manner
- Maintain a real-time project/deal pipeline and systematically follow-up on new leads.
- Track all client-related activities in SalesForce.com CRM.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Prior experience working in sales with a focus on outbound calling and relationship-based sales is a plus.
- Prior experience with music rights and clearances, music publishing, publishing administration, music supervision and/or music copyright production, or other relevant experience a plus
WHO WE ARE
Sound Royalties is a privately-owned specialty finance firm that helps music industry professionals fund personal and professional projects without ever taking ownership of their copyrights, allowing for pass-through income, and empowering creatives to choose from a variety of flexible pricing options.
The company’s core business is offering royalty advances of anywhere from $5,000 to $10 million. It does this by advancing artist, producer and songwriter royalties paid through music labels, distributors, publishers and PROs such as BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, SoundExchange and many more. To date, Sound Royalties has worked with a wide range of leading music industry professionals, including GRAMMY Award winners, platinum recording artists and notable music industry executives in every genre.