– Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
– Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
– Seniority level: Mid-Senior level
– Employment type: Full-time
– Job function: Accounting/Auditing and Finance
Do you possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting coupled with progressive accounting experience, and 2-4 of these years in a supervisory role? If so, we’re looking for you!
We are looking to appoint an Accounting Manager for our fast-growing organization. The Accounting Manager will supervise a team of up to five members currently to ensure all daily operations, reconciliation and reporting requirements of the team are complete and accurate and efficiently done on time.
You will oversee the semi-monthly payroll process. In addition, you will collaborate closely with the Controller to satisfy all month-end and quarter end reporting requirements.
The key responsibilities of an Accounting Manager, but are not limited to:
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Manage daily customer transactions
- Performance of periodic financial statement reporting needs including monthly metrics and ad-hoc reporting
- Processing of accounts payable/receivable and general ledger account reconciliations
- Review bank account reconciliations
- Full cycle accounting close process (monthly and quarterly)
- Manage biweekly and semimonthly payroll processing
- Oversee calculations of commission and similar-based compensation
- Assist in the coordination and completion of annual audits
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
Sound Royalties is a specialty finance company in the fast-growing Music Finance industry. We support music creatives by providing them with financial options, especially so they do not have to sell their music copyrights to get funding. We provide customers with an upfront cash advance, which is repaid by their music royalties. They get the money they want, AND they keep the rights to their music!
You will benefit from our excellent base pay with discretionary bonus, 401k with a match, outstanding medical, dental and vision plans, and paid time off, and our modern new office space in an eco-friendly building.
Our employees describe our culture as a family-type environment, and they love working here. We work hard, play hard, and look out for each other.
The key skills and qualities of an Accounting Manager are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, with 2-4 of these years in a supervisory role
- Experience with MS Dynamics/Great Plains a plus.
- Experience with payroll processing and payroll software.
- Advanced experience in computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Experienced in using Excel tables and formulas.
- Experienced in using financial spreadsheet models.
- Superior interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Meticulous attention to detail, methodical analysis of complex situations, and dedication to the quality of work product.
- Ability to direct and supervise with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic, and innovative team player looking for a challenge.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.