An exciting opportunity to join a fast expanding team, you will be responsible for selling the Guesthouse platform to established music brands and sponsors, as well as identifying new business opportunities that will drive platform membership and sales.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the entertainment industry, with at least 5 years of experience in building commercial partnerships with music companies as well as lifestyle related and tech brands. They will have a strong understanding of new media industries. An understanding of the live streaming business environment is preferable. They will be a confident communicator with a strong and demonstrable commercial/sales background.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading sales discussions & negotiating with high level decision makers, such as CEOs, CTOs, Managing Directors, Commercial Directors, Marketing Directors, Operations Managers, Finance Directors, Tech Companies as well as dealing with Artist Managers and communicating key strategies with the Guesthouse operations team.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager include:
- Identifying and winning new business and pursuing sales leads.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the Guesthouse clientbase, partners and sponsors and ensuring that measures are in place on a per-event basis to continually surpass client expectations.
- An excellent sense of music curation, with an ability to correlate the expectations of the Guesthouse membership by building relationships with key music industry gatekeepers.
- Provide the wider Guesthouse team with weekly reports on sales and leads.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Audience Growth Manager to identify and pursue clients that will help enhance platform membership and experience.
- Collect and communicate feedback from clients to inform the ongoing development of the platform.
- Excellent organisational skills, adhering to and editing Guesthouse event schedule.
- A strong sales attitude and self-motivated to bring continued personal and business growth.
- Ability to meet and exceed set targets.
- A willingness to learn and develop in your role.
- An excitement to join a startup business.
To apply please send a CV and Covering Letter to Sean@soundcity.uk.com with the subject line “Business Development Manager Application”.
Applications close 6pm on Monday 23rd November.