Sony/ATV is the World’s Number 1 Music Publisher with a catalogue of over 3 million songs. The Synch & Creative Licensing team is an integral department specialising in all aspects of music licensing from Ads, Films, TV, Video Games, Digital and New Media.
This exciting and varied role will be to assist the synch team with all aspects of day to day work across the department. The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic individual responsible for pitching music to clients, negotiation and licensing and focus on generating new business. They must also have a keen and active interest in new technology, digital and social media.
This role will report to the Heads of Sync and will work with all members of the department.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- To oversee and manage domestic and international TV/promo licensing.
- Pitching the Sony/ATV catalogue and roster across TV & Film.
- To build, develop and maintain relationships with broadcasters, production companies and music supervisors
- Attending gigs/ industry events with clients and/or A&R.
- Helping organise sync showcases and plan department events
- Attending meetings with writers, artists and managers
- Generating new business in TV and explore new opportunities in multimedia/ new media.
- Ad-hoc duties as required e.g. to assist with entering deal quotes and drafting licence documentation on behalf of other licensing team members.
- A broad interest and appreciation of different genres of music and how these can impact a consumer.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a people person.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and tenacious about getting results.
- A can do and teamwork approach – happy to get stuck in and help out the team if and where needed.
- Strong level of written and oral communication.
- Confidence – this is a client facing role so you must be comfortable dealing with clients over email, face to face and on the phone.
- Strong organisational skills and able to multitask effectively in order to meet the demands of the business.
- Proactive and driven to succeed, self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.