Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will plan, develop and implement innovative and effective marketing plans with a focus on Urban artists.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and manage robust, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns for priority projects.
- Negotiate and manage marketing budgets for project campaigns.
- Work with Content Group and A&R to ensure comprehensive, cohesive delivery of all content and product related elements.
- Serve as primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities.
- Oversee all processes related to product packaging and project marketing.
- Maintain artist calendars and promo itineraries for artists to update label.
- 10 years of progressive marketing experience in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music, but a specifc specialization for Urban music.
- Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a broad knowledge of the digital landscape.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate with all levels of global management.
- Previous involvement in the music business, preferably at a record label with prior marketing/product management experience.