Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Specialist role in the Partner Development group will work directly with our global account managers as well as numerous internal and external stakeholders to maximize our video and user-generated-content businesses. There will be a heavy emphasis on content & rights management, ensuring the stability of Sony Music content with partners such as YouTube, Vevo, and SoundCloud among others.
The ideal candidate is someone excited about the opportunities that these unique partners represent, and looks forward to becoming an absolute expert on these dynamic digital platforms. They will be detail oriented, communicate effectively and efficiently, and consistently achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the administration of SME content on video and UGC partner platforms. Manage assets, reference files, ownership rights, and policies.
- Act as primary point of contact and provide outstanding service for our labels and markets for all manual claim/declaim requests, including vetting through SME’s global content policies
- Produce financial and marketing reports from partner reporting dashboards
- Execute quality assurance checks in linked channels and profiles for claimable content
- Learn and establish proficiency in SME’s internal systems, YouTube CMS, SoundCloud Deck, and other partner content management systems
- Provide exceptional support internally for general partner inquiries from SME labels and markets
- Create and maintain presentation decks and materials for internal label and management meetings along with external partner meetings
- Promotional Inventory Solicitation and Trafficking: Work with label marketing to create and book project ad campaigns utilizing our promotional inventory. This involves proactively reaching out to label marketing to identify priority projects and ensure assets are being created for each campaign (pre-roll and display), budgets are being utilized, and communicating campaign performance back to labels/markets
- Assist with other key partner-related tasks such as (but not limited to) collecting album artwork and artist images, brainstorming with team to identify new and unique promotional opportunities, and various other
- YouTube CMS work as needed by project
- Working with applicable third-party vendors when applicable on aforementioned tasks
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Apps knowledge, particularly in both Excel and PowerPoint
- Existing YouTube CMS experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Must be able to work effectively and build relationships with others.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Team player with a strong passion for music
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the music industry or other entertainment field