Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
As part of the US Latin Marketing team, working out of the Los Angeles office, the Manager of Artist Relations & Marketing will manage artist relations by acting as the liaison between the company and its artists.
The ideal candidate will be developing and maintaining relationships with artists and their representatives to ensure our services are meeting their needs. This will include overseeing day-to-day artist communication, project management, strategic marketing, revenue / new business opportunities, and overall artist development. The future hire will also interface with the Miami Marketing team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Contribute to the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies, and overall project management.
- Participate in managing release schedules as it pertains to assigned projects.
- Research and evaluate customer needs, industry landscape, and market trends.
- Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists.
- Negotiate, allocate and manage project budgets/ P&L’s.
- Oversee and lead campaign planning & strategy, product rollout, content creation, photo / video shoots, creative assets, artist travel logistics, publicity appearances, and more.
- Collaborate with all label departments including release planning, business intelligence, radio promotion, video production, licensing / merchandising, and business development to align efforts and maximize results.
- Work closely with the Publicity department to research and coordinate press opportunities.
- Work with the A&R department for the early planning of new projects and creation of marketing assets.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team on the planning and execution of online and mobile marketing plans and strategies.
- Partner with the revenue department to meet or exceed revenue forecasts.
- Work with International Marketing department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 3-4 years of Regional Mexican music industry experience involving marketing, project management and overall artiist relations.
- Demonstrated high-level relationship building, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently strongly preferred
- Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
- Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music. Good knowledge of Latin music market.
- Must be adept in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to create multiple artist schedules and budgets.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop considered a plus.
- Solid understanding of consumer trends and opportunities in the music industry.
- Ability to think creatively and independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of executives, management and administrative staff.
- Polished presentation and group speaking skills using various media.