The Programming and Content Manager will work directly with the Senior Director of Digital Sales of US Sales to increase brand awareness of SONY Music’s artists and content through targeted playlist curation and programming across all digital streaming platforms.
The Programming and Content Manager’s responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Conceptualize, create and curate SONY’s branded playlists in the US
- Analyze growth of SONY Music/Filtr branded playlists across streaming platforms, social media, and editorial outlets; formulate future strategy based on results.
- Maintain all SONY US branded playlists.
- Liaise with Label Sales, Marketing, A&R Radio and Analytics teams to track growth and execute comprehensive programming strategy and communicate with labels on changes and results.
- Leverage extensive SONY Music catalogue to increase audience of SONY Music content across streaming platforms. (Sony owned Playlists)
- Work with SONY Music labels to understand priorities in order to maximize exposure across the right brand of playlists and to the right target audience.
- Target, build and sustain follower/listener base especially among key public influencers
- Curate and update a high volume of playlists with content from all SONY Music US labels and genres.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the music industry and digital media space.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-7 years of experience working in the music industry with a focus on content curation or radio/playlist programming.
- Bring a thorough knowledge and genuine love of music and music history
- Have strong opinions on music and new trends in the industry and don’t be afraid to share them – and back those claims with relevant data (narrative and quantitative)
- Previous curation/programming experience is a must; previous editorial experience is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional research capabilities and analytical skills
- Expert understanding of all streaming music platforms and interest in learning about new ways to deliver SONY Music content
- Great ability to work with people at various levels, with different functions in a multi-cultural environment