Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Day to Day (D2D) Manager position works closely with the Work of Art General Manager and the respective artists to manage every facet of the artists career.
- Calendar: D2D is responsible for the Artist’s Calendar. They oversee all business meetings, interviews, writing/recording sessions, travel, etc. (in alliance with the office coordinator and/or tour manager when on the road).
- Micro vs Macro – The D2D is in the weeds on all the micro. They know the details about every single entry in the calendar for the foreseeable future, while also having a strong grasp on the big picture (6-18 month plan).
- New Business Opportunities: seeking out new opportunities that can generate revenue and/or exposure to our artists. (artist collaborations, tour opportunities, private events, brand partnerships, technology alliances, etc)
- Social Media – Oversee the daily maintenance and content calendar for artist’s social + web properties: managing content calendar, tour dates, brand partnerships, etc.
- Marketing – Overseeing all marketing efforts in relation to music promotion, live shows + tour, merchandise strategy, public relations.
- Merchandise– maintaining and implementing strategy for growth and consumption in regards to the artist online webstore and tour merchandise.
- Asset Management – maintaining all photos, videos, songs, session files, publishing splits, label credits, etc. for the artists within Box, Dropbox, Google Suite, external hard drive or another asset management platform.
- In-Coming Requests – Each artist will receive an onslaught of daily requests. The D2D will vet and respond (green light or deny) any and all incoming requests.
- Supervising Interns – The D2D is responsible for supervising interns. Maintaining their workload, training/teaching based on the given task and proofing their completed work.
- 5+ years in the music business (preferably within a management company)
- Very strong organizational skills
- Impeccable work ethic (pride in what you do)
- Ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive/enthusiastic attitude
- Technical Competency working within Box, Dropbox, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Wunderlist, Slack, Google Suite.
- Highly experienced with all social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Snapchat, TikTok.
- Highly experience with all digital service providers including, but not limited to Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon, Deezer.