Manager, Global Business Development & Digital Strategy
At Sony Music Entertainment, we are passionate about helping our artists succeed in an industry that sees constant change and opportunity for innovation.
As Manager, Global Business Development & Digital Strategy, you will strive to be ahead of the curve and shape how customers connect with the music they love, by executing content distribution partnerships with a broad range of business partners, from the largest global companies to emerging startups.
You will have regular opportunities to have a big impact. Within weeks, you will be exposed to digital distribution deal structures and strategies. Initially, you will support senior members of the team in licensing negotiations, which will include analyzing deal performance, coordinating with internal stakeholders around the world, and making recommendations for deal terms. You are expected to shortly develop, lead, and execute your own deals directly with SME’s external partners, operating independently but collaboratively with other members of the team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing major music label in exciting times and a team of negotiators and analysts who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We embrace diversity, equal opportunity, and progress in a serious way.
What you will do
- Directly manage and support on digital content licensing negotiations that align interests among sophisticated business organizations, with a particular focus on innovative start-ups and services.
- Creatively help partners evolve through the changes in the digital music landscape by regularly tracking and benchmarking deals performance independently and with the support of business analysts. Prepare internal communication, analysis and financial modelling to ensure effective information flow, informed decision-making, and sharing of best practices.
- Serve as point of contact, source of guidance and support resource for global, regional and local digital teams for a selection of distribution partners and markets.
- Make recommendations regarding new products, licensing opportunities and business models that will deliver new or enhanced revenue streams for SME and SME artists. Advise management thoroughly and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with a team of negotiators and dedicated business analysts as well as colleagues across multiple functional areas of the business. Build relationships and enhance the overall organization’s culture, diversity and performance.
Who you are
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA desirable but not required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in media & entertainment, management consulting, investment banking, private equity or business affairs in a commercial, business development, legal or related capacity.
- A strong negotiator, with great business acumen, attention to detail and a keen eye for data.
- Excellent at problem-solving, leveraging analytical and numeracy/Excel skills with creativity and efficiency.
- Very good verbal and written communications skills, combined with interpersonal skills working across multiple cultures.
- A passion for music, media & entertainment business and innovation is a (big) plus.
What we give you
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.