Sony Classical International is the label group for classical music within the global organisation of Sony Music Entertainment with offices in New York and Berlin. It is responsible for all international productions of Sony Classical, RCA Red Seal and deutsche harmonia mundi, as well as their marketing.
The area of responsibility extends from the signing and development of new talent, to productions with established artists, right up to the evaluation and maintenance of the existing catalogue.
We are looking for a Lawyer (m/f) (full-time appointment / based in Berlin)
- Negotiation and closure of contracts with all relevant parties (including exclusive artists of our label and/or their manager, conductor, orchestra etc)
- Management and, if necessary, renewal of existing contracts with artists in collaboration with the legal departments of Sony Music in New York
- Assisting and supporting the Senior Vice President Finance & BLA regarding all administrative concerns of the label
- Coordination of all legal matters concerning the label in collaboration with the legal departments of Sony Music in New York
- Fully qualified lawyer (LLM desirable)
- 3+ years experience at the legal department of a label, media corporation or cultural enterprise
- First experience within the music business
- Fluent in German and fluent written and spoken business English as well as knowledge of Anglo-American law required
- Excellent analytical skills, a structured approach but with the ability to handle changing situations quickly and with a flexible attitude
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Knowledge of business administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills, ability to work under pressure, flexible, team spirit
With us, a diverse area of responsibility awaits you in a dynamic market. We work with a great deal of enjoyment and jointly achieve targets successfully. An open and collegial atmosphere, as well as flat hierarchies, ensure short decision-making processes. Contribute your own ideas and use the freedom to implement these under your own responsibility.
Please send your CV in English to:
Sony Music Entertainment Germany GmbH
Human Resources / Doris Grönninger
Balanstraße 73, Haus 31
81541 Munich / Germany
For further information, please visit our website: