Sony Music is looking for a VP, Business Affairs to join the organization in a dual role reporting to the head of Premium Content and the Head of Business Affairs.
The position will focus on transactions to develop, produce, and distribute movies as well as audio content for podcasts. This role will work closely with our central Film and TV team, label creative, business and finance executives to structure, negotiate, document and administer production, co-production, finance and license agreements for productions.
What you’ll do:
Development & Production
- Negotiate and Review agreements for development and production of premium content and audio content for podcasts.
- Liaise with label creative and finance on deal terms, and appraisal.
- Opportunities to work with creative production, physical production, labor, post production, marketing & music teams to facilitate production and distribution of films.
Distribution / Sales Support
- Draft, review, and finalize license agreements for exploitation of film titles across multiple formats (SVOD, Broadcast, AVOD etc).
- Support SME Business Affairs with business development of new digital film/long form video partners.
Rights Admin / Catalog Management
- Coordinate with label BA admin to monitor and administer recording and publishing rights.
- Manage Film & TV catalog renewal of rights of library of titles.
- Manage Film and TV license renewals for key deals.
Who you are:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited institution
- 8+ years of experience in entertainment law (transactional) and preferably with motion picture and television production, podcasting, finance and acquisitions experience
- Experience with production financing/co-financing, international markets and practical knowledge of the industry (including production and licensing) is required
- Must have excellent negotiating skills
- Knowledge of interactive software market/entertainment industry required
What we give you:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.