As a Vice President in Brand Partnerships, you will be a key top line revenue driver and closer by planning, developing, negotiating and implementing innovative and effective brand partnerships. You will act as a senior leader, who will serve as the primary point of contact with artists and management regarding brand partnership activities and overseeing high level processes related to these deals. This is a unique opportunity to embrace, embed and lead change that will impact music.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key negotiator, closer, and revenue driver for the label.
- Initiate, build and manage robust, innovative and impactful brand partnerships for priority and developing artist projects.
- Drive ‘video product placement’ and ‘experiential sponsorship’ pitches to close wide ranging deals with brands, media and other potential partners.
- Build and maintain an always evolving database of current and potential target marketing leaders for all industries that engage with music and entertainment sector.
- Create and maintain thorough tracking of all outreach (email, calls & meetings), targeted client engagements and partnership development.
- Co-lead or lead weekly department target status meetings and generate weekly activity summary.
- Work with Content Group and A&R to ensure comprehensive, cohesive delivery of all content and product related elements.
Who you are:
- Someone with a deep understanding and connection to music, hip hop, pop and streetwear culture.
- 10 years of progressive brand partnership experience in the entertainment industry; preferably at a record label with prior brand partnership/marketing management experience
- Creative self-starter with ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A highly organized individual that pays close attention to the details.
- You are a clear and effective communicator – able to communicate with all levels of global management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $135k to $150k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.