As SVP, Hip Hop and R&B, you are a “culture builder” who will lead a team and drive priorities across the company and help guide the team in the space. You will lead and shape campaign strategies across AWAL’s growing roster of Hip Hop and R&B artists. This position will work closely with the international team around the world to create and synchronize global marketing campaigns, including, budgeting and scheduling. In addition, you will oversee cross communication with radio promotion, digital marketing, creative marketing, synch, publicity and our commercial partnerships teams.
You will also be a primary point of communication with artist and artist management partners. You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, an exceptional creative executive with the proven ability to multi-task with experience developing and overseeing the creation of artist marketing campaigns. You are also an experienced people manager with the leadership skills to lead a team and drive artist campaigns through the global organization.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the roster of Hip Hop and R&B artists.
- Lead artist campaigns and strategy.
- Oversee the marketing / product management team.
- Work with A&R to evaluate talent and be a key member of the signing process.
- Lead the creation of comprehensive and creative marketing campaigns and implement that strategy throughout the company.
- Inter departmental communication for the Hip Hop and R&B team.
- Oversee marketing and creative campaign budgets across the Hip Hop and R&B roster.
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams.
- Oversee release scheduling and the escalation point for asset delivery and release management process.
- Lead artist campaigns and strategy across the roster.
- Manage Product Management assignments.
- Relationship manager for artists and managers.
- Develop relationships with external brand and marketing partners
Who you are:
- 15+ years of music marketing experience in the Hip Hop and R&B genres.
- 10+ years of experience at leading a team.
- In depth knowledge of digital marketing, social marketing and best practices.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.