Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
A progressive, dynamic, collaborative team leader who has an insatiable appetite and deep knowledge of marketing artists, albums, songs and playlists in a streaming environment and a strong understanding of fan consumption behavior.
Reporting to the EVP of Global Catalog, this position will lead a team of approximately 15 employees and will oversee all artist marketing activities for our extensive catalog of recordings.
- Lead and inspire a team on the development and execution of innovative and impactful marketing campaigns to drive catalog revenue and fan engagement.
- Champion and influence the development of impactful marketing campaigns centered around the catalog of Sony Music’s on and off-roster artists. This includes partnering closely with each US frontline label as well as artists and their representatives and estates.
- Bring an innovative, positive, entrepreneurial and creative passion to the role with an unyielding drive to experiment, learn, analyze, adapt, collaborate and succeed.
- Partner and collaborate closely with the sales-led account relationships to develop revenue opportunities and ensure our marketing strategies are relevant and applicable to each account.
- Inspire and further cultivate a digital skill-set and mindset within the marketing team which is reflected in all marketing activations, digital media and partnerships as well as paid media.
- Build an appropriate team structure and robust marketing strategy centered around our urban catalog.
- Integrate data and analytics into the culture of the marketing team to ensure KPIs are consistently set and measured and to ensure data is integrated into the decision-making process.
- Drive accountability for managing marketing spend and project budgets.
- Communicate with international markets to customize and ensure our marketing campaigns are relevant to a global fan-base and customized for local country nuances.
- Partner as a thoughtful member of the senior catalog team and collaborate with other departments to drive the business forward and accelerate growth of our artist’s catalog.
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience – ideally coming from a music label, technology or similar entertainment field.
- Deep passion and knowledge of music, artists and technology and a strong understanding of how & where fans engage with songs, albums, playlists and artists.
- Collaborative personality who is comfortable with change and has a contagious hunger to learn and experiment.
- Exceptional people management skills as well as the ability to inspire, prioritize, multitask, focus, lead, influence and delegate while working under stressful and demanding situations.
- Ability to think independently and create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements.
- Well organized with exceptionally strong communications skills that are adaptable to different personality styles and situations.