As Senior Director, Música Mexicana, your responsibilities include overseeing strategic relationships, providing sales and marketing guidance, and keeping our Los Angeles clients updated on the latest trends and developments in the Mexican music industry. You must possess a genuine passion for Mexican music and the ability to spot and harness sales trends and insights to drive revenue. This role reports to the VP, Mexico and is based in Los Angeles, CA.
What you’ll do
- Manage and evolve high-level relationships with key Mexican music and cultural stakeholders, working alongside label management. Meet and correspond with contacts to establish trusted relationships.
- Serve as a resource for specialized knowledge, offering strategy and support.
- Drive and grow The Orchard‘s Mexican business as part of content acquisition and business development in the Mexican music space. Create strategically new business opportunities that will fit our current roster while serving as a unique distributor in the Mexican music landscape. Continue to expand The Orchard’s footprint and thrive in this dynamic industry.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to create innovative marketing strategies that captivate our audience and drive sustained consumption. Constantly strive to stay ahead of the curve and deliver cutting-edge campaigns that consistently resonate with our audience.
- Research and evaluate the client’s needs, the current industry landscape, and market/cultural trends, and identify potential areas for growth. Anticipate potential challenges and highlight areas for discovery and opportunity. Proactively monitor market trends, ensuring The Orchard stays ahead of the curve and provides our clients with the best possible service.
- Represent The Orchard Mexican labels, repertoire, and services as required at events and conferences.
- Drive label engagement utilizing internal marketing and data analytic tools to guide and support strategic decisions for marketing and sales goals. Continuously interpret data, and propose solutions and optimization to labels and artists.
Who you are
- Strong experience and understanding across the genres of the Mexican Music industry and digital landscape. Including retail, analytics, and social media, with an ability to adapt to an evolving landscape.
- You have a strong understanding of the music distribution landscape and experience in a relevant position.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tight deadlines.
- An excellent communicator and an enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management.
- Passionate for Regional Mexican and overall Mexican music genres, and available to attend events as needed.
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to balance working independently and close to our internal stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
What we give you
- You’ll join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition, and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.