As a Senior Director, A&R, you will evaluate new talent and serve as a liaison between assigned artists and the label.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the recording, production, mastering, sequencing of artist projects.
- Provide comprehensive feedback on new music to executive management.
- Review and recommend submitted/solicited demos as well as online material via artist/band websites and social networking sites.
- Search for new songs for existing talent on the label.
- Act as label liaison with the artist once they are signed to the label.
- Provide creative input and direction on artist’s material.
- Find suitable producers, writers/co-writers, sound engineers and recording studios.
- Coordinate pre-production and production, mixing, mastering.
- Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects.
- Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline.
- Evaluate recording and mixing progress for label’s artists.
- Maintain files/records on all shows attended.
- Work closely with other label departments/employees including marketing, publicity, promotion and sales to try to ensure recorded material is commercially successful.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry insiders (managers, agents, attorneys, concert promoters, radio promo reps, retail contacts, trade and consumer press, tastemakers, etc.).
Who you are:
- 7+ years of music industry experience, with a demonstrated track record of finding new and emerging artists that fit in with the label’s musical offerings/musical direction.
- Experience with the different steps in the recording, production, mastering, sequencing and release of a record required.
- Must have strong knowledge of various genres of music and the ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack.
- Musical/performance background a strong plus.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.