Marketing Manager (12 months contract)
At Sony Music, we fuel the creative journey, and we love for you to be a part of this!
Across 60 countries, we’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time.
Supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators, our team are passionate and energetic, and foster a supportive, inspiring and creative place for all our team – be It artists, producers or team members!
Core Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create and execute strategic and industry-leading digital marketing plans that are fan & audience driven.
- Be the project lead on local campaigns for our domestic and NZ repertoire, working alongside publicity & promotions, digital, content, retail, and JV label teams.
- Develop and execute comprehensive content marketing strategies to drive fan acquisition, growth, and consumption.
- Develop artist branding, identity, and positioning for local roster of artists that reflects artist vision and drives audience connection.
- Commission or create all local marketing tools, including music videos, artist imagery, press images, release artwork, advertising assets and socials content.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with label partner teams, managers & artists.
- Forecast and manage project-based marketing budgets in line with the campaign objectives.
- Deliver weekly reporting on campaign results, digital marketing performance and full post campaign analysis.
- Curation of artist playbacks, presentations, in-stores and fan, media, or industry events.
- Develop relationships across the music industry which can lead to diversification of opportunities and partnerships for artist campaigns.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing in music or entertainment industry.
- Experience running multi-faceted and innovative marketing campaigns, with particular focus on content marketing, artist development and audience growth.
- Strong creative skills to craft compelling content and messaging that reflects the artist identity, and brand and engages their audience.
- Experience in content creation for short-form platforms including proficient knowledge of creation/editing using in-platform social tools, Capcut, Adobe, and Canva.
- A focus on achieving measurable results and ROI from digital marketing campaigns. A proactive approach to identify areas for improvement and optimize marketing efforts to drive engagement, consumption, and revenue.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing digital environment. Being open to learning new technologies, industry trends, and adjusting strategies accordingly.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Motivated to take initiative with excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Passionate about music and artists.
What we give you / Perks and Benefits
Passionate about our people, we provide some great opportunities for our team members to embrace, some of these on offer:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey and make a difference
- Great, fun and energetic office, based in Pyrmont – energized with collaboration, teamwork and passion
- Flexible/Hybrid working (in-office & from home), with our offices always open to you balancing flexibility, and connection
- Generous health and wellbeing benefits
- Fantastic employee resource groups
- Generous Sony discounts across the Sony Group of families
- Virtual and In-office wellness benefits Including fitness and meditation classes
- Partnership with Unmind to support your mindfulness and wellbeing
- LinkedIn Learning membership
- Novated car leasing options
- Employee Assistance Program for all team members and family
- Continually investing and fostering your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. When you apply, please do tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.