We are looking for a Host/Producer who is excited to spearhead a new arts & culture magazine style show that we’re developing. This is a chance to experiment, collaborate with a great team, and bring all your fun, eclectic, and just plain weird ideas to life. Our ideal candidate is someone who thinks about how race, gender, sexuality, and ability intersect and impact culture.
What you’ll do:
- Generate, field and develop pitches for the show each week
- Host Neon Hum’s weekly arts and culture show
- Lead creative and manage The Neon’s team of two producers and associate producer and oversee processes and workflow
- Assist with any promotion and ancillary events around the show
- Write and edit scripts as needed. Lead table reads and provide feedback on episodes – from scripts to sound design – each week.
- Oversee and host field production segments
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- At least 5 years of podcast production experience.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all aspects of writing scripts, producing in studio and out in the field, editing scripts, and providing other editorial feedback.
- Candidate must be comfortable and have experience managing teams and creating and overseeing production workflow
- Must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be able to edit audio. ProTools experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
- Must love, and listen to, podcasts!
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and
- 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.