About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing the execution of the production processes from development to bulk production both internationally and domestically. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to detailed planning of production schedules, and overseeing the touring business from product execution to logistics.
- Forecast sales and manage production for tour merchandise and logistics for multiple accounts at a time from planning to initiation through the completion of tour.
- Plan and manage all domestic and international merchandise production for Tour; source, and ensure optimal quality/cost on product; manage the quantity of inventory produced to ensure sufficient but not over-supply of product on tour.
- Reviews all COG’s with Department Heads.
- Accountable for maintaining internal department margin goals on managed tours.
- Work directly with the department heads and finance in order to maintain tour budget, manage road reps, submit invoices and manage payments.
- Liaise with finance on post-tour accountings back to the artists
- Administer road staff while overseeing inventory counts, expenses, and payroll; adhere to tour budgets
- Travel may be required to factories and tour venues.
- At least 7- 10 years of progressive music merchandising experience with a proven and solid production management background.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Must have excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong people and project management skills, as well as the ability to effectively delegate.
- Must be an enthusiastic team member comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the ability to work across multiple departments to find workable solutions.
- Knowledge of sourcing domestically and internationally.
- Strong technical knowledge in all development stages.