At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time.
Today, we work in more than 70 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship.
Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
The role of the Director of Tours will be to manage Tour / Live Event Merchandising activities for a portion of the artists on the Ceremony of Roses client roster. This will include budgeting, forecasting sales, projecting product needs and maintaining inventories on the road and in warehouses, hiring and training road staff, working with artist touring management to coordinate road logistics, working with freight carriers to traffic merchandise from vendors/printers to road and back, managing sales in atVenu.
The role will also include managing interdepartmental components such as working with creative team to develop productlines, working with finance team to provide sales data and expense data, working with production team to plan for and order products, working with international COR offices and foreign partners to coordinate and plan international touring activities.
What you’ll do:
- Plan for tour merchandise sales by projecting sales, working with production team to produce product, organize road logistics and staff.
- Maintain up to date inventory on the road, in the warehouse and various vendor locations
- Coordinate and track shipments of merchandise to tour locations.
- Advance tours with venues and local concession companies.
- Enter products, set up and project tours on atVenu.
- Work with Finance Dept to reconcile sales and venue collections.
Who you are:
- 2-4 years working in the music merchandising
- An excellent communicator and collaborator who works well with team members, partners, and senior management
- You have a strategic mindset and can work with large data to inform and plan business decisions
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in developing new and innovative ways to handle tour merchandise sales
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
California Pay Range