As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will lead, plan, develop, implement and drive innovative and effective marketing plans for individual artist projects, strategic catalog initiatives and cultural moments all of which should drive revenue growth and audience acquisition around the Sony Music Hip-Hop and R&B catalog.
- Serve as the Team leader, architect and engineer for creative, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns across a multitude of priority projects which will influence the online behavior and consumption habits of core hip-hop and R&B music consumers.
- Build and manage quarterly as well as project marketing budgets.
- Participate in near and long term creative planning to ensure a strong and continuous stream of communication around products within Sony Music’s Hip-Hop and R&B catalog.
- Collaborate with Content Group and A&R to ensure comprehensive, cohesive delivery of all content and product related elements.
- Work with Digital Group to ensure fully conceived and optimized online, social and mobile marketing plans.
- Partner with Sales/Commercial team to ensure realization of revenue targets and maximize opportunities for on-platform marketing.
- Work with international territories to ensure marketing plans are relevant, project needs are met and projects executed as well as sharing best practice strategies and insights.
- Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for Hip-Hop and R&B catalog artists.
- Liaise with artist management/estates on a regular basis and communicate label plans and expectations.
- Seek out new strategic partnerships to accelerate and grow key performance indicators.
- Partner closely with frontline labels to find creative ways to market artist catalogs leading up to new releases and between new album cycles and single drops.
- Management of specialized team of Hip-Hop and R&B marketers.
- Creative and collaborative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 8 years of progressive marketing experience in the entertainment industry with 3 years of experience managing a team.
- Dynamic and passionate music fan with a deep knowledge of Hip-Hop and R&B.
- Established network within Hip-Hop and R&B artist, industry and influencer communities.
- Deep understanding of all streaming and social platforms (both emerging and established) and the behaviors specific to each.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
- Must be curious and adaptable and accepting of abrupt change and unforeseen challenges.
- Proficiency in digital productivity landscape including Microsoft Office, presentation building and various research/analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.