Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The music landscape is quickly transitioning to streaming consumption and consumers are changing their listening habits and gravitating towards creating their own playlists or listening to playlists created by others. Sony Music is looking for an individual to drive a targeted and forward-thinking playlist strategy. The Director, Global Playlisting Strategy is a newly created role that will sit in the Global Digital Partner Development team. The role will be responsible for driving strategy for playlisting across key streaming partners. The role will lead a rigorous analytical process to better understand playlisting performance and will collaborate with label management and territory sales and digital teams in order to drive a unified playlisting strategy for Sony Music. The role will manage a dedicated analyst.
- Analyze and drive insight on playlisting behavior across key digital accounts.
- Establish metrics to measure performance of playlists and educate SME stakeholders on metrics in order to establish a more effective playlisting approach.
- Drive recommendations for approach to playlist resourcing in order to maximize revenue and return on investment.
- Present specific conclusions driven from playlist data to a wide range of SME stakeholders, including the executive team
- 7-8 years experience in music or digital media with an emphasis on analytics and strategy.
- Able to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced Global organization
- Entrepreunial nature; ability to evangelize business opportunities around playlisting within Sony Music and with Sony Music’s digtial partners.
- Fluent in English, other languages are not a requirement but welcome.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate with all levels of stakeholders within and outside our company.
- Broad knowledge of the digital landscape.
- MBA preferred, not required