As the Director, Editorial & Programming – Hip Hop & R&B, you will play a key role in pitching and securing visibility for our artists and repertoire across DSPs. You will create effective streaming campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery and streaming growth.
You will communicate regularly with streaming partners so that our artists and repertoire are top of mind for pertinent opportunities
What you’ll do:
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with streaming account editorial teams to maximize exposure for new releases and emerging opportunities.
- Collaborate across departments to drive ideas that promote streaming behavior off platform that subsequently drives fans on platform.
- Pitch and secure meetings with artists and music teams at each partner. Work with internal teams on securing advanced music and material to share in advance.
- Develop playlist strategies and multifaceted campaigns to build audience and awareness for emerging and established artists on streaming platforms.
- Manage multiple priorities across numerous genres simultaneously while creating unique, fan driven playlist campaigns to foster on-platform engagement year-round.
- Analyze account controlled/curated playlists and competitive data to identify opportunities for label priorities and help craft compelling pitches.
Who you are:
- You have Music industry experience (at least seven years in streaming/editorial/playlisting field)
- Have strong, existing relationships with key DSP partners
- Able to demonstrate basic data and song analysis skills
- An excellent presenter with a positive attitude
- An ability to work collaboratively with numerous creative teams
What we give you:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.