At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey.
We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time.
Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
- Develop communications strategies and tactics around the company’s values and stories.
- Ensure Sony Music has strong communication plans and execution in place for its employee networks and key milestones throughout the year.
- Partner with Corporate Communications team members and key senior executives and stakeholders to execute on communications strategies.
- Manage several projects simultaneously while working collaboratively with the corporate communications team and internal stakeholders.
- Develop integrated storytelling to support and elevate the voice and work of Sony Music employees.
- Work with key external partners to create communications opportunities.
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with others in a matrixed, creative environment.
- Drive consensus across various business units for company’s communications goals.
- Assess audiences to leverage appropriate communications channels and develop content to meet different needs for communications strategies.
- Collaborate with the company’s Employee Resource Groups to effectively capture and communicate company stories and values.
- Continuously challenge the messaging and channels to keep content fresh.
- Six to eight years in communications at a global corporation or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience with Diversity and Inclusion communications a plus.
- Proven ability to thoroughly and concisely advise on communications strategies, build relationships with internal and external audiences and enhance the overall organization’s culture, diversity and performance.
- Experience in successfully pitching journalists and developing media opportunities for high profile brands and executives.
- Strong writing skills including talking points, op-eds, strategic blog posts.
- A strong team orientation and experience required.
- Track record successfully managing internal and external communications at a global company including ability to collaborate with colleagues across the globe and understand cultural differences to ensure appropriate messaging.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of humor.
- Ability to influence and drive positive change as an effective business partner.
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.