Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
This position for Work of Art Music Publishing will shape the creative direction and raise the profile of Work of Art Music Publishing. This individual will identify, sign and develop songwriters, writer/producers, and writer/artists across popular genres including pop, urban, hip hop and R&B. This individual will be connected and trusted among artists, writers and producers and their managers, and will be effective at securing co-writes, collaborations, cuts, covers and other uses of compositions by Work of Art Music Publishing writers.
- Seek out and sign songwriters and producers with world-class talent and strong commercial potential.
- Develop familiarity and relationships with the existing talent on the roster as well as the existing catalog of songs.
- Pitch the talents of signed writers to producers, artists, labels and others to secure song placements.
- Coordinate with Work of Art’s synch licensing partners to ensure our published songs are primed for placement in various Film and TV projects, Commercials, Video Games, etc.
- Coordinate with Work of Art’s publishing administration partners to ensure that all our writer’s information is properly catalogued for tracking and collection.
- Attend company meetings as requested.
- Prior related Music Publishing experience required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong people and relationship building skills. This individual must be able to partner with various teams to gather, analyze and disseminate relevant findings.
- Strong relationships and access to the songwriter/producer community.
- A demonstrated passion for and experience working closely with songwriters, artists and music producers to take songwriters to “the next level.”
- Strong connections and reputation in the music industry that can be leveraged for the benefit of our songwriters.
- A proven track record of relevant credits in popular music as an A&R, manager or creative director for successful writers and artists.
- Understanding of the A&R and recording process.
- Must have strong knowledge of various genres of music and the ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack.
- Candidate should be enthusiastic and spirited, collaborative, reliable, self-motivated and have a friendly disposition and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility with hours – Must be available to travel and attend evening showcases and recording sessions as required.