Commercial Group at Sony Music UK is responsible for marketing Sony’s extensive catalogue for front line labels (RCA and Columbia), classical music (Masterworks), metal music (Music for Nations) and children’s music (Magic Star).
In this role you will oversee digital marketing campaigns for Commercial Group, including the planning and execution of social, content and influencer activations as well as digital advertising for both our artists, our playlists portfolio and our trending tracks.
You will put together best in class and reactive marketing campaigns that achieve chart share objectives, including: creating content plans to engage audiences across social, CRM & owned platforms, maximizing opportunities around moments and tentpole events, getting buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders including Sony frontline labels, artist management and social/streaming partners.
You will have excellent knowledge of the ever-changing social and streaming landscapes, have expert knowledge of influencer marketing, be highly creative and be able to weave innovation into all plans, delivering in all these areas with analytical and creative thinking.
If you have examples of your work please include them in your application.
What you’ll do:
- Develop marketing and communication strategies across all digital touchpoints to drive catalogue streaming consumption through owned channels, partnerships and advertising campaigns.
- Work alongside the CG Marketing team and Sony frontline labels on creating best in class artist Digital campaigns (on and off-cycle, with or without artist access): pitch creative ideas and content recommendations, get artist management buy-in, commission social media and video content, help set KPIs and measure success.
- Be the team’s expert at Influencer marketing, leading on some campaigns as well as advising on teammates’ own campaigns.
- Identify and exploit real-time cultural moments, milestones and tentpole events, integrating with wider artist campaigns and working alongside Partner relations to maximize commercial account support and playlisting.
- Develop our track strategy and design campaigns aimed at amplifying trends (challenges, syncs, memes) and maximising chart share.
- Work with Digital intern on inventory allocation, Filtr curation and marketing assets.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of all allocated campaigns to carry on building our strategy.
- Pitch to tech and social partners on an ongoing basis for support.
- Communicate with global counterparts on current campaigns, ensuring efforts are aligned and sharing best practice.
Who you are:
- You will already have experience in digital campaign strategy and planning in the UK music market; ideally within a record label, artist management company or streaming platform.
- You will be familiar with social and CRM platform specificities, how they relate to artist marketing, how to capture attention and grow audiences.
- You will already have extensive knowledge in social and streaming analytics
- You will have some experience with digital advertising (esp. Social, Spotify)
- We are looking for Tik Tok experience, please let us know what you’ve worked on!
- You will be a genuine music lover, with a passion and genuine interest in catalogue music.
- You will be able to think creatively about campaigns as you won’t always have access to an artist
- You are able to pitch and clearly communicate ideas internally and to external partners
- You will already have examples of working to tight deadlines, often working across multiple projects simultaneously