Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Creative Director will serve as a creative lead and visionary for the content development team, developing compelling stories and content pieces for Legacy Recordings.
- Responsible for driving and elevating the creative level of the work being developed by the content team – operating with a high visual aesthetic.
- Establish a roadmap for ongoing innovation and creative experimentation.
- Communicate, inspire and maintain compelling storytelling.
- Drive campaigns and assets beyond traditional advertising.
- Identify growth opportunities around artists/songs/genres that have stories which “must” be told with the goal of increasing consumer consumption by keeping our artists culturally relevant, interesting and top of mind.
- Monitor trends in the digital and advertising industries to help push the envelope with our content team.
- Assess talent and help to continuously ensure that the creative/editorial team has the right composition to push creative boundaries and deliver the best possible content.
- Oversee creative pitches and creation of treatments for content including music videos, long form as well as short form or episodic on all platforms.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience at an agency or marketing company with a proven track record in telling compelling stories around music.
- Prior experience as either a story researcher, copywriter or art director a plus.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Must provide a portfolio, reel or website for review.
- Keen understanding of digital and social content as well as long form storytelling.
- A creative thinker who has the ability to work with multiple personalities and partners on multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively and efficiently across various departments including Marketing, the Digital team, Business and Legal Affairs, A&R, etc.
- The successful candidate will be a strong leader, and a creative problem solver who’s organized, and driven to achieve the highest results possible.
- The proven ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of production including time spent on shoots and in edit suites.
- Extensive knowledge of directors and production companies a plus.
- Extensive lover of all forms of content and music.
- College degree required.