Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a current roster that includes a broad array of local artists and international superstars. The company boasts a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. It is home to premier record labels representing music from every genre.
- Conceptualize and produce creative and engaging multimedia content including photos and videos which captures the label artists’ persona
- Manage content creation process from pre-production to filming to post production
- Manage larger scale content creation projects such as music video and artist documentaries
- Edit photos and video content efficiently for multiple channel outputs across digital, social media, channels
- Collaborate with Marketing & Promotions, A&R teams from conceptualization to delivery of multi-media content for a variety of social media channels globally and in China
- Organize and archive all multimedia projects to streamline production
- Offer regular updates on the latest photography and video production styles and technology
- Provide expert advice in relation to the above items
- Perform other tasks as required by the Company from time to time in connection with the above items
- Travel to mainland China and/or such other places in Asia as required by the Company from time to time
- Develop strategy and execute plan in creative development of the label and artists
- Brand building of artists
- Lead creative sessions/brainstorming with internal and external teams.
- Lead and develop the creative team’s production
- Manage timelines and budgeting in creative areas
- Develop in house production team and networks across Asia
- Support artists campaign / content
- Produce, edit and publish videos including but not limited to performance / press day / lyric / behind the scenes / promo / Vertical video / Video ID for partners
- Produce, edit and publish press / campaign photos with featuring artists
- Must be Proficient in both Mandarin and English
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Broad creative and management experience with a global sophistication Strong attention to detail, a results-focused thought leader in the creative space
- Good understanding of music, ip, content consumptions trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiar with the changing landscape of digital, emerging trends, technology and digital tactics
- Self-starter, motivated, capable of managing multiple projects at once Collaborative, a strong communicator and team player
- A leader who can rally the troops to be curious and have fun
- Experience in graphic design
- A strong strategic creative sense thinker, understand brands and can arrive at insights that solves challenges.
- Strong visualising power to build a world-class creative campaign with great attention to details.
- Proven experience in leading strategy and digital roadmap projects; should have handled end to end content development projects in the past.
- Must possess a strong, edgy creative perspective and an impressive reel demonstrating a range of creative executions.
- Updated portfolio demonstrating creative skills and experience
- Experience in video production
- Must be experienced with professional camera equipment // this person needs to give directions to production team/agency on what equipment to be used for different content development, especially music videos
- Music industry experience will be a plus
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.