About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The role of the Associate Director, Advertising and Commercial Agreements, is an entry-level position within the transactional legal team, providing legal support on a global basis in connection with a broad range of commercial contracts, as well as advertising/marketing matters. The Associate Director reports to SVP, Corporate Deputy General Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs.
Commercial Agreements Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of standard and custom legal agreements and supporting legal documents, in close collaboration with teammates and business colleagues, including non-disclosure agreements, as well as agreements with vendors, contractors, and consultants, across a wide range of subject matter, including technology, real estate and intellectual property.
- Support transactional team on an as-needed basis, including in connection with transaction-related due diligence.
- Advise internal clients on marketing campaigns with contesting/sweepstakes elements, including: drafting rules for contests and sweepstakes; handling promotion, prize provider and promotion-related vendor agreements, official rules for contests and sweepstakes; influencer agreements and commercial co-venture agreements.
- Keep current with legal framework, including social media platforms’ promotions guidelines and FTC guidelines, for marketing and promotional activities, including social medial sites (FB, Twitter, etc.), user-generated content sites and influencer campaigns; regularly present to marketing and promotional teams on compliance with relevant requirements.
- J.D. from a highly ranked law school and outstanding academic credentials.
- At least 2 years of experience as a transactional attorney, preferably at a nationally recognized law firm.
- Strong negotiation, communication, analytical skills and work ethic.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and judgment, and intellectual curiosity.
- Commitment to provide high quality client service, with desire and ability to build trusted advisor relationships with clients.
- Technical acumen and experience with advertising/marketing matters preferred.