Do you have a passion for music? Are you looking to enter the music industry?
If yes, then a career at Sony Music might be right for you!
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is part of Sony Music Entertainment’s Digital Partner Development group. This division focuses on the global management of Sony Music’s Digital Partners with the goal of maximizing revenue through SME’s world class artist catalog globally.
The Director, Partner Development Analytics is responsible for providing insights at a global level regarding the performance of Sony Music’s top digital accounts. This person will create compelling global analyses to be utilized by account managers and senior management to help drive sales, market share, and partner relationships for Sony Music.
- Manage and provide guidance to a team of 4 managers/analysts who are focused on specific digital accounts
- Own and develop digital partner revenue forecasting models – identify trends in the data and overall digital landscape to increase accuracy and robustness of models
- Utilize internal data systems and analytics tools from Sony Music’s digital partners to synthesize data into custom insights and actionable findings
- Conduct deep dive analysis for special projects focusing on market share, subscriber growth, and digital revenue maximization
- Establish strong relationships with internal teams – labels, sales teams, business development – to identify their priorities and how these can be served with partner data metrics
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take actions based on insights generated to seize business opportunities
- Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy
- Collaborate with team members in Sony Music globally
- 5-7 years minimum post University experience in industry analytics role and/or Investment Banking or Consulting.
- MBA degree preferred
- Music industry experience preferred, but not required. It is expected the candidate will be knowledgeable in how a music business operates and of its repertoire and product exploitation in an evolving digital landscape
- The successful candidate will thrive working independently, pro-actively and in a solution-oriented manner
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) and extensive experience in PowerPoint
- Analytical mindset – ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem-solving, and generate new ideas
- Be able to get into the weeds with data but also have a big picture view to ask the so-what
- Highly organized team player who is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization
- Passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry