Sony Music Entertainment
US, New York, NY
This Business & Legal Affairs role sits in the digital team. The role interfaces directly with Sony’s major digital partners and ensures that Sony and its artists are properly compensated and protected in Sony’s recorded music licenses with digital partners. You will be on the other side of negotiations with very talented and experienced lawyers.
What you’ll do
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements authorizing the digital distribution of Sony Music’s various intellectual property assets via a wide array of platforms and business models.
- Provide legal advice on a wide variety of contract, antitrust, copyright, trademark, corporate and privacy issues.
- Provide legal advice on commercial opportunities in a vibrant and evolving digital landscape. Think NFTs, DAO, Metaverse, etc.
- Provide historical background and framework of digital landscape to contextualize and advise on new digital partners.
Who you are
- Fundamental comprehension and appreciation of technology and devices.
- 3+ years’ experience at a major law firm (preferably in IP or Corporate).
- JD from a top law school.
- Member of New York Bar in good standing.
- The ideal candidate is a quintessential “techie” by avocation.
- Excellent drafting skills, as well as analytical and communication skills.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.