Digital Marketing Manager at Sony Music Entertainment Australia
At Sony Music, we fuel the creative journey, and we love for you to be part of this!
Across 60 countries, we’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time.
Supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators, our team are passionate and energetic, and foster a supportive, inspiring and creative place for all our team – be it artists, producers or team members!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with international affiliates to develop innovative and effective marketing programs, promotions, campaigns that will increase exposure, membership, usage, engagement, and commerce.
- Identify “fast moving tracks” to lead and activate rapid-fire digital campaigns that drive local audience engagement and consumption.
- Work with local sales teams to support DSP initiatives and maximize promotional opportunities.
- Work with creative and content departments and agencies to develop programs of digital content to be used across all digital channels, increasing engagement with artists audiences and stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage influencer strategies and campaigns to increase artist reach.
- Manage relationships with partners across CRM, social media, asset creation, paid media, and influencer marketing.
- Amplify the artist through various digital outlets and influencer accounts to promote the artist and maintain relationships with key sites and members.
- Monitor and quantify the success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid media campaigns, social engagement and partnerships via various analytics tools.
- Evaluate effectiveness of digital marketing strategies and use the data to offer suggestions on how to maximize strategies for current and future campaigns.
- Spot digital trends, understand new technologies and social media behaviour to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions. Educate the wider team on how to infuse them into artist campaigns.
Who you are
- At least 3 years of digital marketing experience in the music industry or other related media companies.
- A marketer with a solid network of influencer talent, agents, and other gatekeepers; you have the ability to maintain regular communication between the label and influencer partners, while actively sourcing and negotiating new influencer partnerships.
- You can build engagement strategies for accelerated growth aligned with a company’s vision, business goals and rising cultural trends and topics.
- You have the ability to identify opportunities to partner with influencers to expand awareness and customer engagement.
- Proven track record in strategising and developing influencer marketing campaigns to support launches and drive company’s awareness and reach on social media channels.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- You understand the Australian recorded music market and its use of social content, creator marketing and viral trends to amplify records successfully and impacting significantly on streaming platforms.
- Knowledge of sub-cultures, media habits and niche behaviours.
- Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms.
- A team player that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help out the team.
- You can use research and data to inform digital strategy and understand results
- Effective and tactful communications with artists, management, senior teams and international affiliates.
- Must be highly detail orientated, organised and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
- Prior experience with a variety of digital marketing tools.
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
What we give you / Perks and Benefits
Passionate about our people, we provide some great opportunities for our team members to embrace, some of these on offer:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey and make a difference.
- Fun and energetic office, based 15 mins walk from the city – fueled with collaboration, teamwork, passion and energy.
- Flexible/Hybrid working (in-office & from home), with our offices always open to you balancing flexibility and connection.
- Company paid Private Health Insurance and Income protection/TPD cover through superannuation.
- Fantastic employee resource groups Including our “Whatif’ employee-led group and “Hue” group.
- Generous Sony discounts across the Sony Group of families.
- Parental leave benefits, inclusive and supportive to all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey including up to 18 weeks paid time off.
- Additional benefits to support caring responsibilities thereafter, including emergency back-up child care options.
- Virtual and In-office wellness benefits including fitness boot camp.
- Partnership with Unmind to support your mindfulness and wellbeing.
- LinkedIn Learning membership for all team members.
- Novated car leasing options.
- Employee Assistance Program for all team members and family.
- Continually investing and fostering your professional growth & development.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. When you apply, please do tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.