Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Associate Director, Marketing will serve as a member of Columbia’s marketing department. This role requires comprehensive communication and coordination both internally and externally in order to keep projects moving forward while maintaining the overall message and brand. A willingness to serve as a team utility player is a must.
- Manage music releases, maintain campaign timelines, and oversee release logistics.
- Help develop well-thought-out plans for music releases and assist in long-term career planning for Columbia’s artists.
- Create timelines of project needs and key dates/deadlines with all departments and oversee the timely delivery of those needs in partnership with various departments, including publicity, radio, and synch.
- Create weekly marketing reports and communicate updates to all team members.
- Participate in creative planning to create big marketing ideas and ensure a continuous flow of content surrounding each artist.
- Align with artist and management for campaign updates and communicate goals and plans for each release.
- Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and all departments to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands
- Manage creation and distribution of marketing tools
- Work with A&R and creative teams to gather all necessary assets to meet delivery deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with digital and commerce teams to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts, and DSP campaigns.
- Brief teams on all release information and ensure results are communicated efficiently.
- Professional marketing experience with major label, entertainment company or comparable organization – generally gained through 5 or more years of progressive experience in the music industry, ideally at a label.
- Deep understanding of the music industry and the inner workings of a label.
- Working knowledge of streaming platforms and playlisting, brand management /artist development/public relations, digital marketing, social networks and digital tools.
- Knowledge of music reporting tools, including Mediabase, Soundscan, Next Big Sound, Spotify Analytics, and Apple Connect.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that display organization and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to apply ideas strategically while working to a set budget and timeline
- Availability and willingness to work nights/weekends and travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.