The Associate Director, Label Sales Analytics will be responsible for multiple aspects of sales analysis, including overseeing label sales reports, analyzing account sales data, and drawing insights from market research.
S/he will be responsible for complex analysis on digital / physical sales and streaming for the US and international territories, as well as strategic analysis on competitive behavior and new business models. The person should not just be able to understand why market behavior is happening with the label’s product, but also make recommendations on how the label impact that behavior.
- Understand and oversee label daily/weekly sales reporting.
- Explore reports and data to detect key trends for each project.
- Analyze and offer insight into our commercial partner’s data as well as how that interacts with our other available marketing, promotion and social data.
- Continually monitor label & competitive Nielsen market-share shifts & be able to provide granular context for shifts & identify opportunities to grow share & profit.
- Analyze label streaming play-listing and develop strategies to improve the positioning and timing.
- Recommend strategies and timelines for releasing singles and albums.
- See where the industry is headed and answer questions/make recommendations to help the label stay ahead of the competition.
- Proactively work with SME’s partner analytics and business development teams to bring their account insights to the label.
- Analyze weekly sales, streaming and radio patterns on singles and how they compare to similar singles to help determine the strength of a song.
- Address ad hoc sales and marketing analysis requests from labels in a timely and accurate manner.
- Utilize Nielsen Music Connect, Business Objects, Tableau to produce reports and analysis.
- Collaborate with label sales and finance on project monthly forecast goals.
- Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy.
- Interact with IT to resolve technical issues and implement enhancements to sales reporting systems.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in sales analysis, reporting, and/or finance.
- 3+years’ experience in the music industry.
- Understand industry issues around digital and physical sales, industry trends, new business models, competitive landscape.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced knowledge of all primary MS Office software and advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Tableau and Alteryx mandatory.
- Communicate effectively and confidently with label sales and executives, as well as account teams.
- Understand how to present data clearly – orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Be organized and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have to a “customer service” mentality to ensure the needs of labels, accounts and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Be a team player.