The successful candidate will account manage SME’s business relationship with Spotify, and will quickly become SME’s global internal expert on this distribution channel having assumed responsibility for the macro operation of our business partnership, as well as for developing projects and initiatives that optimise revenue/opportunities for both Sony Music and Spotify.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, optimising SME revenue, initiation and management of projects to optimise account level opportunities, educating all levels of the business about key aspects of the Spotify business and being a key global contact for both the partner and internal stakeholders with respect to SME’s evolving business with Spotify.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York.
- Quickly develop extensive expertise and assume global responsibility for all aspects related to Spotify (and any other partners allocated)
- Lead monthly business planning and forecasting for the DSP, and implement and maintain regular communication of updates & insight
- Devise long term strategy and develop and lead medium term implementation
- Project management across all relevant aspects related to the partner. This could include overseeing operational and reporting integrations, content strategies, ongoing analysis of partner performance, problem solving etc.
- Develop projects and work with the wider Partner Development team on initiatives to generate incremental SME revenue & market share, and drive customer acquisition and ARPU optimization
- Build strong relationships with key contacts at Spotify, and internal stakeholders at all levels: including repertoire owners, releasing affiliates, operations, reporting & analytics, and senior management
- Communicate to & educate internal stakeholders at all levels on best practices, operational procedure and complexities, analytics, premieres & sponsorship, and other opportunities
- Establish regular communication and updates to senior executives within SME
- Monitor and analyse digital revenue forecasts, plans, and actual results using analyst generated reports and analyses. Establish transparency on performance and make recommendations to correct any under-performance
- Represent the needs of SME in the face of the partner, and seek to develop solutions to perceived problems
- Provide guidance on controlling quality of new release and catalogue offerings, clean up, pricing and involvement in campaigns
- Pro-active go-getter that can flourish in a fast paced and hectic environment by identifying opportunities, creatively coming up with plans to maximise then, and driving through to completion
- Outstanding attention to detail / results driven with a keen eye for data
- Genuine passion for the music industry and growth of digital music sector
- Strong relationships person
- Excellent spoken, written, and presentation skills and ability to present to and influence people at all levels
- Degree plus MBA or equivalent business qualification strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in music or a related digital content industry, and ideally experience dealing with content/repertoire owners
- Preferably someone who has developed expertise with all commercial models within the digital content landscape, including streaming, download and user-generated content models