The Sync & Creative Licensing Department specialises in all aspects of music exploitation and administration, from Feature Films, TV, Advertising, Computer Games, Merchandising, and other new and emerging media.
This role will be to work within the Licensing team in all aspects of day to day licensing work, ranging from deal negotiation, client meetings, music clearance, music pitching, contract drafting, and quote system entry.
The Licensing Executive will negotiate deals and support new business initiatives in a wide range of emerging media sectors, including; Video Games, Apps, Social Gaming, VR and online, as well as traditional Corporate “in-house” licensing.
Please include your salary expectations and any notice period with your application.
Reporting to: Heads of Sync & Licensing
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Pitch and promote catalogue for Video Game and new media clients, manage requests, and monitor royalty statements within this area.
- Seek out new opportunities across the VR/App industry
- Proactively visit key Video Game and Corporate clients on a regular basis.
- Management of corporate & online media types
- Attend and organise when needed meetings with writers, artists and managers
- Attending gigs with clients and/or A&R and industry events
- Entering deal quotes and license information into licensing system
- Liaison with songwriters and artists over any synchronisation queries.
- Create synchronisation reports regularly to demonstrate key successes to wider department.
- International synchronisation clearances
- To manage drafting license documentation and invoice creation.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- You will have experience in the Video Games/VR industry and have a keen interest in new media types.
- You will have a good understanding of music licensing and contracts
- Excellent knowledge of the industry, trends and opportunities
- You will have a diverse knowledge of music across multiple genres
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen networker
- Comfortable with pitching and negotiation
- You will have a successful track record of securing music synch opportunities.
- Highly motivated and driven to approach new clients and continually expand this area
of the business.