This role will report to the International Tracking & Financial Planning and Analysis Manager and will work with the International Tracking & Financial Planning and Analysis team to ensure that we have a robust data service so that we can optimise our usage of society income data for the purposes of royalty tracking and enabling maximum business insight into income trend analysis.
Please include your salary expectations and notice period in your application.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Analysis of key European territories to determine YOY trends in income, as well as preparation of and compiling of key data ahead of business and budget reviews with FD’s and MD’s
- Ensuring society distribution databases in SQL Server are up to date and take into account any changes to the source files communicated by the societies.
- Communicating with affiliates to understand new requirements expanding the scope of the team’s distribution analyses.
- Support Tracking & Analysis Manager to train and project manage other team members to work with tracking exception reports to follow through claims, and provide further research where required.
- Creating and updating tracking matrices to keep track of claims sent and closed. As well as providing claim data to the Global Income Tracking team.
- Operational management and line ownership of Film&TV database to create analytical reports and tools to be used by the business and the local sales teams, as well as tracking potential missing income claims.
- Preparation and shaping of data to provide reporting support for the Production Music Business on an Ad-hoc basis.
- Extracting data from society databases as requested on an Ad-hoc basis for audit purposes.
- Manage Ad-Hoc projects to create solutions for issues raised by European Admin teams in order to make processes more efficient.
- Educated to A Level standard (desirable)
- Experience of working in an International Finance Department (desirable)
- Three to Five years’ experience in the music publishing industry, in role/s involving royalty distribution and tracking in the European collection societies network (essential)
- Detailed understanding of Collection Society licensing, operations and distributions policies (essential)
- Work experience in advanced research and analytical exercises, making complex numerical calculations, using SQL Server and/or Access and manipulating and professionally presenting data in Excel and other spreadsheet solutions (essential)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Access. Expertise in data management using SQL Server, Access and COGNOS tools (essential)
- Advanced analytical skills with the experience and ability to translate data into meaningful analysis and insights (essential)
- Project Management and organisation skills – ability to take ownership for delivery to an agreed service level, and to escalate issues where necessary, offering solutions (essential)
- Strong commercial focus, using initiative and insight for revenue generating activities (essential)
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact confidently and successfully with all levels of staff and management within a corporate environment; expresses ideas in a clear, logical and constructive way (essential)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail (essential)
- Comfortable with working and communicating with colleagues from different local offices across various European and International offices (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, highly interactive and communicative with others and able to express ideas in a clear, logical and constructive way (essential)
- Ability to communicate and translate numerical results effectively to FD’s and MD’s (essential)
- Clearly sets expectations and delivers consistent messages (essential)
- Ability to escalate issues based on prioritisation and business needs (essential)
- Supports, co-operates and collaborates with the manager and other analysts in the Tracking & Analysis team and with others in the Global Administration team, sharing access to data, information and expertise (essential)
- Effective at working with internal colleagues and external bodies to ensure that the data requirements for the Tracking & Analysis team are met and continuously improved (essential)
- Be flexible and cooperative with the needs of the Tracking & Analysis team such that, to achieve deadlines, there may be a requirement for cross-functional work to be undertaken as directed by the Tracking & Analysis Manager (essential)
- Prioritises workload efficiently to ensure all responsibilities are met and delivered on a timely basis and open issues are followed through and resolved satisfactorily (essential)
- Works towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal customers (essential)
- Manages self and follows through on tasks and to do lists so that deadlines consistently met in the most efficient and effective way (essential)
- Prides oneself on data integrity, sense checking of results, rigorous research, effective problem-solving and steady, focused effort (essential)
- Flexible, enthusiastic and effective approach to implementing tasks, taking on new assignments, managing projects and servicing customers (essential)
- Continuously strives to deliver an effective service, looking for new opportunities and approaches to improvement (essential)
- Fluent in English (essential)
- Proficient in other European languages (desirable)