Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC is seeking to fill the position of Royalty Administration Associate Director.
The ideal candidate must have experience with financial data analysis and must be exceptionally skilled at complicated numeric calculations and research.
Experience in music publishing and/or royalty administration is a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to Business Affairs and senior management by preparing earnings history analysis reports, client status reports, pipeline calculations, and other royalty and copyright information as needed.
- Providing quarterly and semi-annual reporting to senior management concerning specific and overall client financial performance.
- Overseeing a team of analysts and managing the allocation of resources towards different functions and projects.
- Assisting with the quarterly and semi-annual royalty closeout review and adjustments for the US, Canadian and Sub-Published agreements.
- Handling special projects as necessary, including researching and calculating royalty adjustments and allocations as well as researching royalty client questions.
- Involvement and assistance with song catalog administration transition projects, including catalog acquisitions and copyright reversions.
- Research relating to audits conducted by our US, Canadian, and sub-publishing clients, as well as communication with clients and their representatives.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities are required.
- Specific mastery of Microsoft Excel is required, and solid experience with Microsoft Access preferred.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and experience, as well as an ability to quickly learn and master new software and technology applications.
- Experience and proficiency with SQL-related applications is preferred.
- Experience in Finance and/or Royalties is preferred.
- Experience in music publishing administration a plus.
- Strong research abilities as they would apply to thorough and complicated data-oriented research projects.
- Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized, with an ability to manage large workloads and effectively prioritize demands.
- Ability to present detailed numeric information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate comfortably with senior members of the company.
- Flexible and able to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working in a “customer service” oriented position.