The Sony/ATV Neighbouring Rights business began 2013 in the UK, led by George Powell – Head of Neighbouring Rights and is responsible for finding new clients globally and working with them to ensure that all of their performances are logged and collected worldwide.
Since 2013 the UK roster has grown to include Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke, Sting, The Weeknd and Lady Gaga.
This is a newly created role, based in London, and will assist the Neighbouring Rights team in compiling accurate discographies for new signings and current clients, as well as detailed research for new/undiscovered credits and audible contributions.
The role will also be responsible for performer’s worldwide society registrations and where applicable on a territory by territory basis, repertoire claims and day to day correspondence. We are therefore looking for candidates who are highly organised and enjoy working with large amounts of data.
This role will report to the SVP A&R and Catalogue with a dotted line to the Head of Neighbouring Rights , and will work alongside and in conjunction with the wider Neighbouring Rights team.
Please include your salary expectations and any notice period with your application.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Inputting research data in accordance with society templates and online portal systems
- Accurately filing client’s releases and performance evidence
- Keeping clients up to date with their claims and repertoire
- General management of the administration of the business
- Show a keen observation and full understanding of society distributions, performance qualifications and general music industry news
- Dealing with any client queries and responding in a timely manner
- Overseeing the Neighbouring Rights Assistant as necessary
- Meeting with clients to ensure all audible contributions are accurate and up to date
- Overview of the business ensuring systems are set up for checking registrations and royalty payments
- Good knowledge of and interest in the music industry, an understanding of Neighbouring Rights is desirable.
- Good knowledge of music across all genres
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- High level of attention to detail
- Comfortable with large amounts of data and able to understand and interpret findings.
- Proactive willingness to learn
- Royalties experience is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to influence and develop others positively
- Comfortable building rapport with others
Teamwork & collaboration
- Effective at working with colleagues and external bodies to ensure smooth operation of
- Co-operate with the Head of Neighbouring Rights and Senior Vice President of A&R to ensure that the Neighbouring Rights assistant is supported and has a full understanding of their role
- Open-minded and motivated to recommend changes to processes and procedures where this would result in a more effective service
Time & work management
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently to ensure all responsibilities are met and delivered on a timely basis and open issues are followed through and resolved satisfactorily
- Consult Head of Neighbouring Rights where appropriate to communicate issues, ideas or solutions, solve problems and ensure customer service levels are maintained
Initiative & motivation
- Flexible, effective and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Continuously strives to deliver an effective service, looking for new opportunities and approaches to improvement
- Individual should be prepared and motivated to be part of a changing environment with an interest in developing the role, skills and relationships