The Manager of Theatrical Development is responsible for cultivating relationships in support of Sony/ATV Music Publishing’s catalog of music to generate revenues.
The Manager of Theatrical Development will report to the President, Chief Marketing Officer.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Negotiate deals in connection with Live Stage performances
- Process a very high volume of Live Stage synchronization licenses
- Research rights and restrictions on Sony/ATV catalog songs
- Secure necessary writer approvals
- Follow-up to secure signed licenses & payments
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions for individual market segments and sales teams
- Management of the Stage budget
- Analyze catalog for pitching & licensing copyrights into theatrical productions
- Special Projects as assigned
- Cultivation and solicitation of Sony/ATV assets to producers, directors, agents, managers, etc.
- Establish and implement short and long term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Execution of events including attending Opening Nights, Producers’ Previews (final dress)
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments and stakeholders
- Individual must have a Bachelor’s degree or related discipline and 3-6 years of equivalent sales experience.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with individuals at all levels
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver results quickly
- Strong business acumen and the ability to synthesize and analyze data