Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world’s leading music publisher. Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers more than 3 million copyrights, ranging from songs by iconic names including The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Queen and The Rolling Stones to contemporary superstars such as Taylor Swift, Drake, Pharrell Williams, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Pink, Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. To learn more: https://www.sonyatv.com/en.
Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC is seeking to fill the position of Manager of Royalty Analysis. The ideal candidate must have experience with financial data analysis and must be exceptionally skilled at complicated numeric calculations and research. Experience in music publishing and/or royalty administration is preferred.
- Providing support to Business Affairs and senior management by preparing earnings history analysis reports, client status reports, pipeline calculations, and other royalty and copyright information as needed.
- Providing analytical reporting to senior management concerning specific and overall client financial performance.
- Assisting with the semi-annual royalty closeout review and adjustments for the US, Canadian and Sub-Published agreements.
- Handling special projects as necessary, including researching and calculating royalty adjustments and researching royalty client questions.
- Involvement and assistance with song catalog administration transition projects, including catalog acquisitions and copyright reversions.
- Assisting with research relating to audits conducted by our US, Canadian, and sub-publishing clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-6 years of experience in financial analysis is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities are required.
- Specific mastery of Microsoft Excel is required, and solid experience with Microsoft Access preferred.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and experience, as well as an ability to quickly learn and master new software and technology applications. Experience with SQL-related applications is preferred.
- Experience in Finance and/or Royalties is preferred.
- Experience in music publishing administration is preferred.
- Strong research abilities as they would apply to thorough and complicated data-oriented research projects.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to manage large workloads and effectively prioritize demands.
- Ability to present detailed numeric information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate comfortably with senior members of the company.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working in a “customer service” oriented position.