Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world’s leading music publisher.
Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers more than 3 million copyrights, ranging from songs by iconic names including The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Queen and The Rolling Stones to contemporary superstars such as Taylor Swift, Drake, Pharrell Williams, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Pink, Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. To learn more: https://www.sonyatv.com/en.
Sony/ATV Music Publishing in Nashville is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Licensing & Income Tracking Analytics.
The Manager, Licensing & Income Tracking Analytics will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with Licensing, Income Tracking, and Information Technology departments to build and progress enhancements to internal systems
- Work with Licensing and Income Tracking Department Heads to maintain efficient workflows between the all Sony/ATV departments
- Collaborate with Licensing and Income Tracking staff to increase efficiencies in achieving departmental tasks
- Review and analysis of incoming royalty files to ensure critical data is being properly captured and reported to clients
- Evaluate, plan, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, and output
- Management of various ad hoc requests/projects
A qualified candidate must possess the following skills:
- Proven ability to quickly learn systems and apply technical solutions to increase efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance work between multiple departments
- Deep understanding of copyright economics and industry standard accounting principles and practices
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical ability
- Advanced proficiency of various computer applications such as MS Excel and MS Access, with the ability to quickly learn programs that work with large volumes of data
- Minimum 3 years mechanical licensing, income tracking, and/or other related experience required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.