Sony/ATV Music Publishing is hiring an Income Tracking Analyst for its Nashville office.
The company was established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson.
Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers more than 3 million copyrights including those from such iconic music catalogs like Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music.
In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others.
Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Akon, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
The Analyst, Income Tracking position will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring royalty accountings are reported accurately in compliance with agreements and on a timely basis
- Analyze multiple Income Tracking reports for the discovery of unpaid or underpaid royalties in the US and Canada
- Recover unpaid or underpaid royalties in the US and Canada
- Work with Licensing department to ensure accurate entry of US and Canadian mechanical licenses
- Oversee maintenance of various tracking resources, includes but is not limited to working with SoundScan, BDS and Encore figures
- Work with the Royalties Department to ensure accuracy of royalty postings
- Support upper management with preparation of various quarterly reports, as well as, various research and discovery projects as needed
A qualified candidate must possess the following skills:
- Strong analytical ability
- Results driven
- Strong working knowledge of music licensing, licensing rights and royalty accounting structure associated with various types of licenses
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude while working with multiple departments and outside contacts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting various deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency of various computer applications such as MS Excel and MS Access, with the ability to learn quickly programs that work with large volumes of data
- Performance Rights experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of music publishing or industry equivalent experience required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.