Broadcast & Media Rights is a key department within the UK Sony/ATV business, responsible for managing relationships with broadcasters and media production companies.
Focusing on the growth of clients’ music publishing and audio-visual catalogues and revenues, the department works closely with the UK Synch and Production Music areas, as well as the wider UK and global offices in order to realise worldwide opportunities.
Sony/ATV is looking for a highly motivated individual to fulfil a pro-active customer facing role in the Broadcast & Media Rights department, involving business development as well administrative support.
The role will involve working closely with a range other departments, international offices, being a point contact for clients, plus working on new business leads. There will be opportunity to work on initiatives to evolve and grow the business area.
This role will report to the Director of Broadcast & Media Rights.
Please include your salary expectations and any notice period with your application.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of ongoing contractual/client relationships.
- Providing support and advice, for example advising on music rights and composer commissioning, providing music solutions
- Business Development, including working with the Director of Broadcast & Media Rights to pursue new business, and developing and maximising opportunities with existing key clients
- Administrative roles including liaising with clients and internal administration teams regarding, for example, agreements and cue sheets
- Working closely with the Production Music team to develop joint venture libraries with client base and realise opportunities.
- Further, seek, negotiate and conclude direct Production Music Licences with client base
- Liaison with composers; fielding and handling phone calls and e-mail queries
- Managing Audio-Visual Producer Royalties business, working with fellow member of Broadcast & Media Rights team
- Assisting with, identifying and pursuing, further exploitation opportunities for the Broadcast & Media Rights catalogue
- Devising and implementing new systems and processes to improve efficiency within the Broadcast & Media Rights business area
- Working with the Digital Team to understand and realise online / digital revenue opportunities (ie YouTube)
- Research into status of rights
- Preparing reports and presentations as required
- Established working within either the Film, TV or Music Industry, with industry contacts
- Experience / knowledge of music publishing rights in the Film / TV / Media context rights preferable
- Experience of / familiarity with music and media contracts beneficial
- Initiative and tenacity.
- Willing to take responsibility
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail.
- Administration experience and first class organisational skills
- IT literate (eg excel, powerpoint) and aptitude to take on use of new software packages
- Fluent in English
- First class interpersonal skills with the ability to consistently communicate in a diplomatic, courteous and professional manner to both
- internal and external parties and with a diverse range of people
- The ability to influence others positively to ensure the successful delivery of all responsibilities.
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
Teamwork & collaboration
- Effective at working with internal and external colleagues to ensure a high level of customer service
- Supportive of the team to ensure the consistent delivery of departmental objectives
- Flexible and cooperative to all tasks to ensure tasks are achieved
- Open-minded and motivated to recommend changes to processes and procedures where this would result in a more effective service
- Respond appropriately to direction regarding Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
Time & work management
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently to ensure all responsibilities are met and delivered on a timely basis and open issues are followed through and resolved satisfactorily
- Ensure that where there are planned absences or holidays, appropriate documentation and hand-over procedures are in place to ensure that Broadcast & Media Rights can continue an appropriate and professional service
- Consult team where appropriate to communicate issues, ideas or solutions, solve problems and ensure customer service levels are maintained
Initiative & motivation
- Flexible, effective, pro-active and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Continuously strives to deliver an effective service, looking for new opportunities and approaches to improvement
- Individual prepared and motivated to be part of a changing environment with an interest in developing the role, skills and relationships